From:
Bruno Galeron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 21:02:40 +0200
I recently discovered Messiaen's organ music through the composer's
historical performances, recorded in mono in 1956 ("Messiaen...  par
lui-meme", Emi box-set).

Although I love these recordings I'd like to go further and try other
and more recent recordings, as "complete" as possible.

In that respect I discovered 3 different box-sets:

* the new Olivier Latry recordings, on DG.

* another on Jade, with various performers: Hans-Ola Ericsson, Jennifer
Bate, Jon Gillock, Louis Thiry, Naji Hakim, Thomas Daniel Schlee.

* and a last on Regis, with Jennifer Bate (previously released by
Unicorn-Kanchana, if I'm not wrong!).

Any thoughts about these recordings, or others I didn't mention, are warmly
welcome!

Many thanks!

Bruno Galeron