From:
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:53:04 -0800
I don't think I've ever seen a sequence like this in journalism, but this
is one scoop we could have done without.  Last night, the new issue of
www.sfcv.org was posted, with Bob Commanday's tribute to Dr. Jess Shenson,
a magnificent supporter of opera, young singers and musicians in Northern
California and Hawaii.  This morning, Dr. Jess died and the tribute became
a kind of instant obituary.

If you're not familiar with Dr. Jess (who never sought publicity), read
this very partial list of his contributions.  This kind of substantial,
selfless support for music doesn't get enough acknowledgment, and just try
to launch and sustain careers without it!

Janos Gereben/SF