From:
Pablo Massa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 05:32:15 -0300
Pablo Massa <[log in to unmask]>:

>I throw a glove: whom among listers would like to write or play a perfect
>stylistic copy of any period?. I'm open to interchange MIDI files and
>commentaries.

I'm ready now to submit to your consideration, dear listmembers, a little
ouverture, or first movement of a (false) classical sonata.  You can
download the small MIDI file (39Kb) at my briefcase (folder "Ouverture"):

   http://briefcase.yahoo.com/urizen79

There are no literal quotations or borrowings (at least not consciously).
The only "familiar" passage is a transition of just 2 bars, taken from
Gluck's "Orfeo..." Ouverture.  The rest is pure invention.  It was composed
for four voices without specification of instruments.  Perhaps the ideal
would be a string quartet or a small string orchestra, though the score
sounds very "pianistic" at some passages (perhaps two pianos could be the
solution).

So, I invite openly every interested listmembers to:

a) Tell how many quotations, similarities or borrowings can you identify
with passages of any classical work.

b) Reform this score and send new versions (humoristical, expanded, with a
diferent mood, or simply better, etc.).

c) Make a second, third and fourth movement for this score.  We can call it
"The Classical Music List Collective Sonata".  Perhaps Dave Lampson would
even want to publish it at his site, who knows? ;-)

Pablo Massa