From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 19:40:35 -0800
Mats Norrman ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Now a question which would intrigue me to hear your suggestions to:
>Beethovens Eroica 4TH movement: Where does the theme actually start?

As I believe I menitoned before, the first appearance of the theme (as
opposed to the "bass del tema" as Beethofven called it in the Eroica
Variations) is with the apperance of the complete, as orchestrated
Kontretanze (can't recall the WoO number).  Taking a quick look at my
score, there are four repeated passagesand this comes immediately after
them.  The theme is played by oboe and clarinet.  Bar 78 or thereabouts.

Deryk Barker