From:
Peter Wisse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:04:34 +0100
Steve Schwartz asked:

>Is this a real painting?  Have you seen it?

Yes, but actually it was not blue, but red, Barry Newman's "who is afraud
of red, yellow and blue".  It was in the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, asd one
visitor got so mad, that he carved it up with a knife.  The consequent
restauration, which cost, if I remember well, about EUR 100 000, caused a
great scandal, because the restauration was allegedly done with a paint
roller, with the wrong sort of paint, I think, they are still fighting
about it.  I see, I made a typing error, not afraud, but afraid.

Peter Wisse