From:
Mitch Friedfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 22:39:27 -0500
Jeffrey Hall wrote:

>Dear CM fans, Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase the individual
>disc containing only the 9th symphony recording here in the US? Amazon.com
>has only the boxed containing all of the symphonies.  I don't want to spend
>that much money but really would like to get the ninth.

I was in Tower today and saw the boxed set.  I would really be tempted by
this at a Naxos price.  But didn't I see that the box was priced at just
$60? For nine symphonies, that's almost Naxos-like.

Katsaris is some pianist.  He is the accompanist on the only recording
of the full piano version of Das Lied von der Erde, Teldec Classics
2292-46276, a fascinating disc.  Wolfram Rieger accompanies Thomas Hampson
in a piano version of Der Einsame im Herbst from DLvdE, EMI Classics CDC
7243 5 56443.

Mitch Friedfeld