Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:33:05 -0500
At 08:56 AM 2/15/02 -0800, you wrote:
>    A short while ago, someone asked whether any advice existed in the Koran
>about eating honey.
>
>    In section #16 (out of 114 sections), entitled "The Bee," in my copy of
>the Koran, I found only two applicable paragraphs (verses?), as follows:
>
>***********
>
>    Your Lord inspired the bee, saying:  "Make your homes in the mountains,
>in the trees, and in the hives which men shall build for you.  Feed on
>every kind of fruit, and follow the trodden paths of your Lord."
>
>    From its belly comes forth a syrup of different hues, a cure for men.
>Surely in this there is a sign for those who would take thought.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Make use
of the two remedies: honey and the Qur'an."

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith, Hadith 1196

The Holy Quran, Chapter 47, Verse 15

"(Here is) a Parable of the Garden (of Paradise) which the righteous
are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible:
rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers
of (non-intoxicating) wine a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey
pure and clear."