HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mike Will <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 00:36:17 -0700
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone was aware of which breweries (or beverage
companies) used mass-produced quart-size bottles between ca. 1903 and ca.
1920 with the following base markings?

Most of the bases are embossed with ROOT (Root Glass Co., Terre Haute,
Ind.) and W F & S (William Franzen & Son, Milwaukee, Wis.).  A few
additional bases are embossed with S.G. Co. (Giles-Clough Glass Co.,
Redkey, Ind.), W.G. Co. (Wightman Glass Co., Parker’s Landing, Pa.) and
WOOSTER (Wooster Glass Co., Wooster, Ohio).

I am also assuming that the beverages would have had been distributed
nationwide.

I would like to thank you for your response in advance.

Mike Will,
Graduate Studies Program,
Department of Archaeology,
Simon Fraser University