HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 10:06:35 -0700
The 30th Gran Quivira conference ended tonight at Mission San Juan
Capistrano, California. Here is a list of the papers that were given.

If anyone wants to contact the presenters, contact me off the list, and I
will send along their addresses.

[BTW, if anyone has tried to contact me lately, I have been having trouble
with my e-mail, so send your message again.]

The Acjachemen and Mission San Juan Capistrano, 1776-1801: The First
Quarter Century
of Cultural Impact - Stephen O'Neil

Three Juanenos, 1776-1812 - Robert G. Schafer

Sacred Space: Honoring the Acjachemen people Who Built the Mission San Juan
Capistrano - Joyce Stanfield Perry

The Continuity of Luiseno Communities from Mission Times to the 21st
Century - John Johnson

Father Pablo Tac: A California Indian Priest in 1840 Rome, and an
Eyewitness to the Mission System - Jeremy Hass

On the Question of Ohlone Mutsun Acculturation at Mission San Juan
Bautista: Recent Findings from the Lost Convento - Ruben G. Mendoza

The Misnaming of the Montanez Adobe - Maurice and Marcy Bandy

The Center for the Study of Early California History and Cultures - Jarrell
Jackman

Michael Serra: The Man and His Mission - Adam R. Collings

Translating the San Jose Pueblo Papers: A Closer Mirror of Everyday Life in
Alta California - Esmeralda Maldonado, Guadalupe Mendoza, and Erin Orazem

Mission Architecture in Alta California as an Expression of Order -
Catherine R. Ettinger

Making Sense of the "Cuera" - Jack S. Williams

Bones, Stones, and Cut Marks: Preliminary Analysis of Faunal Remains from
Mission San Juan Bautista -  Michelle St. Clair and Ruben Mendoza

Excavations at San Marcos: Year Four  - James Ivey

Adobe's First Cousins: Along the Rio Grande from Laredo to Brownsville -
Building with Caliche, Sandstone, and Partially Fired Bricks - Agnesa Reeve

Mission 2000 - Anita Badertscher

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly: Research on the Internet - Anita
Cohen-Williams

The Juan Bautista de Anza National Historic Trail Status in Arizona -
Donald Kucera

Anita Cohen-Williams
Search Engine Guru/SEO
http://www.mysearchguru.com
Listowner of HISTARCH, SUB-ARCH & SPANBORD
Archaeology in Fiction Ebook
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/cohwill/ebooks.html