From:
Iskender Savasir <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:28:25 +0300
A note on the canon from a lurker from distat Istanbul...  I have a one
hour program in a radio channell, own and oerated by an intellectuals'
cooperative.  On one of my earlier programs, I was foolish enough to play
the Grosse Fugue as the kind of music that should not have been composed -
ever sicne then at least once every two month I am forced to try to explain
myself to a slew of angry fellow programmers and listeners, but I must say
I was pleased by the response of some of the listeners, who, they said,
were relieved by what I said from what they felt to be a duty to enjoy
everything that Beethoven wrote.

Iskender