From:
"Michael N. Butera" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:24:04 -0500
Deryk Barker mentioned that he thought Bruggen was "easily the best HIP
conductor of Beethoven on record," which leads me to ask if anyone has any
comments on his 5 CD set of complete Beethoven available on Philips?  I see
that it's available through Kuijper Klassiek
(http://www.kuijperklassiek.nl/) for 42.63 euros (about $38.82 USD).  [The
usual "no connections" disclaimer applies, of course.]  Any comments on the
set and how it compares to other period sets (Gardiner, Norrington, etc.)
or other sets of Beethoven generally?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Michael Butera
Houston, TX