From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 00:19:47 -0400
At 09:30 PM 10/5/01 -0400, Pierre Paquin wrote:
>OUR LATEST PRIVATE ISSUE LP TO CD TRANSFER
>
>MOZART   Piano Concert No. 12 in A, K. 414
>MOZART   Piano Concerto No. 18 in B-Flat, K. 456
>Lili Kraus, piano
>PIERRE MONTEUX
>BOSTON SYMPHONY
>
>These Mozart Piano Concertos were taken from a rare plum label RCA LP.  The
>original sound is quite good, typical RCA/Toscanini of the period but with
>much better acoustics.  Both works were recorded in Symphony Hall, Boston
>in April of 1953.  Lily Kraus plays with extreme insight the pivotal 12th
>and with extra special care and reverence to top it off.  Monteux and the
>Boston Symphony complement both efforts making this a remarkable LP to CD
>transfer release which was taken from our massive LP library.  Use PAYPAL
>to order with your credit card.

I liked the Web site and the selection of performances offered on LP to CD
transfers.  I couldn't figure out how to use PAYPAL unless, perhaps I was
going to have to fill out the same questionnaire for each of the five of so
CDs I was ready to buy.

Normally on lists like this one, I go through the selections, add what I
like to what is usually called a "shopping cart", make my deletions at the
end when I find that I've committed myself to spending too much money, and
then fill out the payment information.

On this list, using PAYPAL, I have to identify in advance what CDs I want
to buy to write into the "payment for" field and know in advance how much
money I'm going to spend to put in the "amount" field.  The only way I can
see around this is to pay for each selection separately, which makes it
impossible to delete purchases already made when my total runs too high.

I see no alternative payment method to PAYPAL on the site.

Sorry.  It looks like I'll have to give this list a pass, reluctant as I am.

Walter Meyer