From:
Juozas Rimas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 18:30:38 +0200
I haven't listened to it before (just started listening to Bach's VOCAL
music).  I now have only a well-maintained LP with the 1958 recording of
Munich Bach Choir and Orchestra (cond.  K.  Richter).  I've been told I
shouldn't search for better recordings with regards to bass arias (they're
by Dietrich Fisher-Dieskau in this recording).

Indeed, the bass arias (66, 75) from Kreuzigung and Grablegung are
celestial.  Wonderful music and superb singing.

So far I have listened only to two parts of this huge work and would
like to ask you:  which parts have made the biggest impression to you?
I couldn't perceive those "evangelist" (64, 67, 68 etc) parts very well.
Which evangelists/choirs would be better to start from?

Thank you.

Juozas Rimas Jr (not the one playing)
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/141/juozas_rimas.html