HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Dendy, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:09:21 -0500
I beg your pardon? No teenage pregnancies? No drugs? Where were you living?
Why do you think it's called the "baby boom"? Have you looked at the number
of adoptions in the 40's & 50's? Did you think all those kids came from
people over 21 and married? And what about Benzedrine, cocaine, heroin,
marijuana, etc. etc.(not to mention moonshine)? Gosh, I must have missed
something there.........The abandonment of the idyllic lifestyle of the 50's
in the 60's just might have had something to do with the dishonesty (sweep
it under the rug or hide it in a closet) of that period. So much for my high
horse.

John Dendy