HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 08:59:19 -0800
The series that Ron is speaking of are the Amelia Peabody mysteries. The
time period is the 1890's, and Amelia and her husband are British. Peters
(not her real name) has a Ph.D in Oriental Studies, and is an Egyptologist.

Wow, what a segue! If you are interested in these sort of books, I have an
ebook available called, "Archaeology in Fiction: An Annotated Bibliography."

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/cohwill/ebooks.html

I list all the Elizabeth Peter's books with full citations, as well as a
section on science fiction, lost races, and past peoples.

BTW, it makes a great holiday present!

At 11:41 AM 12/6/01 -0500, you wrote:

>There are two authors, Elizabeth Peters and Barbara Michaels (same person,
>actually), who published fiction books centered around Egypt. The one I am
>thinking of has 19th century archaeologists working in Egypt and getting
>caught up in cultural conflicts, wars, mystery and intrigue. These are
>immensely popular today and would make good reads with lots of archaeological
>info and room for critique.
>
>Ron May
>Legacy 106, Inc.

Anita Cohen-Williams
Search Engine Guru/SEO
http://www.mysearchguru.com
"Connecting Your Site to the Web"
Listowner of HISTARCH, SUB-ARCH & SPANBORD
Santa's elves are just a bunch of subordinate Clauses - bumper sticker