From:
Drew Capuder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 06:45:41 -0500
Margaret Mikulska wrote in response to my earlier message:

>>At least in the USA, I believe the Kubelik set on Deutsche Grammophon
>>has been deleted from the catalog.
>
>The original set (separate CDs) might be.

I believe most or all of the separate CDs are deleted from the catalog,
but I was looking for the box.  I think it is pretty clear that the box
is deleted in the US.  I believe that is also confirmed on DGG's web site.

>>I was going to buy it recently as a present for a friend, but I can't
>>find it listed in any of the on-line CD shopping sites
>
>Where did you look?

Amazon.  Tower.  CD Universe.  CD Now.  Buy.com.

>>(and Berkshire doesn't have it).
>
>BRO hardly ever has items that have just been re-released.

Berkshire might well have a set that has recently been deleted.  So if I
am correct that it has been deleted, there is at least some chance that
it will show up in Berkshire.  For example, DGG recently deleted the
Bernstein/Berlin Mahler 9th, and it is available at Berkshire.

>>I believe it is available from the Japanese HMV site, but there is a
>>consideration shipping cost to the USA.
>
>It's easily available as an inexpensive box from any European
>retailer. I got mine from MDT in December when they had a box
>sale and the shipping was by weight.  With their regular
>shipping, it would be $10 for shipping alone, which is still
>better than some European sites.  Check any German on-line store.

I haven't yet checked the European sites.  I've check HMV Japan and, after
Tim Dickinson's suggestion in his message, I've also checked A&B Sound in
Canada.

Drew Capuder