From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:22:52 +1100
Karl Miller:

>There is a wealth of surviving Munch BSO performances.  I have tried to
>collect many of them.

This reminds me of a very old film I saw many years ago.  I remember that
it contained a reasonable chunk of a symphony by Easley Blackwood, possibly
the 3rd.  It may have been filmed during a tour of Japan.  I've never heard
anything else by Blackwood, but I remember this excerpt made quite an
impression.

Did Munch record this symphony, or any Blackwood symphony, and if so, has
it ever been re-released? If he didn't, has anyone ever done so? Maybe
Theodore Kuchar or John McLaughlin Williams or one of the other conductors
recording interesting stuff for Naxos have something in mind.

Richard Pennycuick