From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 16:00:11 EDT
Donald Satz wrote:

>I think Denis and I are miles apart on this matter.  I wince when I read
>"authorities" or "members of a community".  With music, I don't have to
>pay any attention to those concepts.

Mebbe not consciously.  But subconsciously you're irrevocably, implacably
tied into some network, or else you would not make sense and it'd be off
to the looney bin with ya.  Thinkng, whether in terms of figuring a golf
shot or appreciating a snatch of music, starts with a base concept
conditioned by education, experience, happenstance, whatnot.  It then
may be communicated to others, as with your excellent resumees of musical
performances, in a variety of received ways:  writing, painting, music,
body language.  Fear not, you're never 1:  6 billion in this world!

Denis Fodor