Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:38:34 +0800
From:
Yaw Chang Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Matthew Gillett wrote:

>I just picked up the season program for the Queensland Orchestra and am
>about ten pages in.  I noticed a concert with a Nikolai Znaider performing
>the Sibelius concerto and thought that I recognised the name.  Looking back
>in my deleted mail (and the subsequent ones on this thread) I read that
>Janos Gereben was quite taken by this mans playing.  He will be here in
>August next year so I will go have listen and see what all the fuss is
>about.  I only hope that if I'm no longer in Brisbane by that time that
>he is touring elsewhere in Australia.  Anybody out there know if he is?

I did have the chance to hear him about some 2 years ago.  He played
Bruch concerto in G minor for both evenings.  For encores, we were treated
to Ysaye's Ballade and Kriesler Recitativo & scherzo.  I was totally blown
away.  This violinist is sensational!  Orchestra members who had performed
with him mentioned that right from rehearsals to performances, he
maintained as a master of the instrument.  He emerged as the winner
of the Queen Elizabeth International Competition a few years back.

"Yaw Chang Hong" <[log in to unmask]>