Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 11:20:31 +1000
From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
The Shakespeare article in Grove does not give an exhaustive list of works,
but has some interesting information.

Unless the focus is to be only on CM, Cleo Laine's album "Shakespeare
and All That Jazz" contains jazz versions of some of Shakespeare's songs
and sonnets, and a couple of Shakespeare-inspired originals.  Apart from
The Complete Works (probably inspired by Tom Lehrer's The Elements), the
pick of the crop is Dunsinane Blues, which has a satisfyingly outrageous
punchline.  I can't give CD details (my copy is an LP) but it should be
easy enough to locate.

Richard Pennycuick