From:
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:17:10 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>... and several list members kindly suggested many different recordings,
>mainly Ormandy.  Well the search goes on (though I cannot find a score
>anywhere).  My current version (borrowed) is the Ministry of Culture SO
>(Rozhdezvensky/Melodiya).  I have been to my Amazon account and depleted my
>piggy-bank; the versions ordered are (the ones I am betting on marked with
>--*):

I will add to your burden by adding the following.  1) There is an
Ashkenay recording on Decca, also OOP apparently.  2) There are two Previn
recordings one on RCA and one on EMI.  Rumor has it that the earlier RCA is
the better of the two.  Of course this is the one that is OOP.  I have the
EMI and it is OK but I prefer Ashkenazy.

I keep meaning to pick up Ormandy.

Steve M. (Northern Virginia)