From:
Carol Chamblin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:14:47 EDT
For those interested, these centrifuges can be purchased from Cascade
HealthCare Products.  It is on p. 5 of my catalogue and called a CritSpin.
The price is $1,100.00.  Contact phone number is (800) 443-9942 for orders
and (503) 371-4445 for customer service with hours of 9AM-4PM Pacific Time.
Also, I'd recommend you talk in person to the lab dept. manager.  Often
times, initially the lab personnel will say they don't have a centrifuge, but
it's been my experience that several depts. have them hidden in a back room.
When I've explained my purpose for its use, I've been allowed to go into the
lab and spin my creamatocrits, despite initially being told there was no such
thing.
Good-luck!
Sincerely,
Carol Chamblin, RN, MS, IBCLC