From:
Didrik Schiele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 21:05:43 +0200
Peter Lundin does a manifestation of ignorance, and the topic is fitting as
the Swedish expression for "make a painting" also means to err:

>Didrik Schiele does a classic mixup:
>
>>But even if Ruben Liljefors must be considered a better painter than he was
>>a composer, I want to kindly and courtesly remind Mr.Wisse about that there
>>is also a Beethoven to listen to.
>
>Ruben Liljefors was perhaps no Beethoven, beeing a late romatic Swedish
>composer, but his painting fame was rather small as it was his brother
>Bruno who was a famous painter.

You didn't read the biography carefully enough mister.  Both of them were
painting, Ruben beside composing, like Alfven.  Though I am ready to agree
that to claim that R.Liljefors was a better painter than a composer is not
the finest possible critic one can give that music.  Still I would say so.

>Any way, Beethoven has his canonised place in our western music history,
>albeit a place to dominant if You listen to me, who tend to side with
>those who enjoy the exploring of the unknown.

You probably only read the words in my post. not the content. ....Read it
again and think about if my post likely would have come from someone who
doesn't like to explore. *tip*

D. Schiele