From:
John Wiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 22:22:45 -0400
Paul Silverthorne asks:

>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
>>His 1925 Concertino for Flute (Piccolo), Viola and Double Bass is a
>>marvellous work
>
>You don't happen to know the publisher by any chance do you?

All recordings credit this work to Universal Edition, Vienna.  I suspect
it has been reprinted, after 60-odd years of suppression.  During the brief
unhappy period when I supervised the UE sales agency for the USA [1976-78],
this was among the works of which all knowledge was denied by the home
office.

There are at least five CD recordings, which I list in order of age:

Wolfgang Schulz/Veronika Hagen/Alois Posch
[In concert at Lockenhaus, 7/1986]
Philips 434 038 2
5:43 + 3:19 + 3:32 + 2:16 = 15:05

Fenwick Smith/Mark Ludwig/Edwin Barker
[Methuen, MA, 5/1992]
Northeastern NR248 ["Silenced Voices"]
5:50 + 3:15 + 3:56 + 2:09 = 15:25

Hans-Udo Heinzmann/Thomas Oepen/Volker Donandt
[NDR, Hamburg, 11/1993]
Koch-Schwann 3-1232-2
5:19 + 3:07 + 4:17 + 2:03 = 15:01

Jean-Claude Gerard/Enrique Santiago/Wolfgang Guettler
[Fuerstliche Reitbahn Arolsen, "1994-1995"]
MDG 304 0617 2
5:30 + 3:36 + 4:05 + 2:10 = 15:30

Pavel Foltyn/Pavel Perina/Emanuel Kumpera
[Domovina Studio, Prague, 26 May 1994]
Supraphon 11 2178 2
6:28 + 3:51 + 5:33 + 2:29 = 18:31

(From my MS Access database, diacriticals excised to accommodate this
listserv program)

John Wiser