Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Teresa Vinisky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 07:39:57 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/01 11:19:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> We as a society are so brain washed by the manufacturers of these products,
> that we cannot imagine having a baby with no bottles, no little jars, no
> swing, no bouncy-seat, and "no crib! ... You must be joking."

I have a funny little story concerning this. First off, we had no bottles or
jars. My sister Lent us her swing which was used a handful of times, and my
in laws bought us a new beautiful crib. We put it in the babies room just to
please them. Of course, both of them (now newly 4 and 2) slept with us. The 4
year old still usually does. The two year old is happily sleeping in her own
room. Anyway, I keep contemplating selling the crib.I have no emotional ties,
it's just takes up room in our storage room. Never been used....However, my
sling is a totally different story.  Yesterday I was going to wash my sling
which has been used for just over 4 years now. Looking at it after our last
vacation ( a cruise with both kids to the Western Caribean) I realized that
if we have another babe, I'll need a new sling.  That was has been to Fl,
Mex, the Caribean, the zoo, weddings, funerals,  parties, you name it. The
sling is showing wear. Especially on the tail. The fabric is wearing thin,
there are a few holes. Actually, I'm seeing a lot of places the fabric is
getting thin.  So, at the thought of replacing it, I started to cry! Then, I
decided that I will just get an additional one, and still use it sometimes <G>
 I'm also thinking maybe a quilt for each of my children I used it for, but I
don't know that I can cut it. Guess I'll just keep it the way it is! Anyway,
I just thought that was funny. Some people could never sell their baby crib,
or look at it with such memories. My memory is I used it to store clean
clothes till I could put them away or teddy bears.
Teresa Vinisky
PA