Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Becky Krumwiede <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:19:28 EDT
Geez, I'm almost sorry I brought this up.  :-)  Just to clarify:  I think
co-sleeping sans gadgets is a wonderful thing.  I slept with my babies (and
toddlers and little kids sometimes) and promote it as highly desirable.
Babies should definitely be snuggled up next to mom, not this thing.  Maybe
I'm wrong, but I see this gadget as a transition object for moms & dads who
are afraid they're going to roll over on baby.  I can TELL them they won't
roll on their baby, but not all of them take my advice, especially with the
Consumer Product Safety Commission in this country proclaiming that babies
should always sleep alone in their cribs.  Yeah, I think this thing would be
a pain to deal with, but if it gets parents comfortable with the idea of baby
in their bed so they can get rid of the Nest and just sleep with baby, that's
a good thing!

Becky Krumwiede, RN, IBCLC
Appleton, Wisconsin