HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:27:32 -0400
Bob,

I was a 29-year old adult at the time I personally observed Mac McReynolds
pull the 1945 newspapers out from under his crawl space and remove the dusty
old radio. I was of sound mind when we pulled it out to the light and washed
it off. I was also not a biased observer when we pried open the locks to
reveal the radio equipment underneath the case.

Frankly, I find your denials amusing. First you imply I have been drinking
when suggesting the radio, antennae and newspapers imply possible spying.
Second, you imply I was too young to recognize or remember what I saw. Very
strange indeed. Had this been discovered in 1944, it would have been
sufficient grounds to haul the owner off to the pokey for treason. In fact,
it might have been grounds for arrest even in 1945.

What are you going to accuse me of next?

Ron May