From:
Anne Ozorio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 00:36:09 +0100
Now I feel guilty.  What ir you don't like the rest of it? At 35 DM it's an
investment.  The CD I mentioned is Hugo Woilf Die Chorwerke mit Orchester
(Works for Choir and Orchstra) Wurtemburger Kammerchor, Ensemble Stuttgart,
conductor Dieter Kurz.(Claves CD 7824471) It's on page 2 on jpc.de under
"Hugo Wolf Orchesterwerke".  Don't worry, the jpc search engine is very
misleading, I should have been more specific.  You have literally to look
at each item to find out what it is, and even then they don't give enough
details.  If you know exactly what you want it's great, but most of the
time most of us don't, so it's a pain.  But it's a good site for hard to
find items, for example it's got the entire Peter Schreier output.

The other Wolf orchestral song CD on jpc turned out to be Fischer Dieskau
Orchestrelieder on Orfeo but I'm pretty sure it won't have this song on it,
because I can't even imagine it transposed for baritone.

There must be many other songs people can recommend from personal
experience? My brain is asleep at this moment but I'd bet that Schubert,
Mendelsohn (apart from the obvious) and probably Loewe would have set
something of Shakespeare, too If anything, Thinking caps time.  Shakespeare
was more popular in Romantic period mainland Europe than in Britain at that
period.  Also, there might be non vocal pieces? And perhaps you could also
use arias from opera, like Otello.

Good luck with everything!

Anne