HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Robert L. Schuyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:34:02 -0500
        Excellent. Now lets all get back to working for the SHA.
The society always needs volunteers for most of its committees and
functions and the more the better.

        I hope the upcoming meeting in Rhode Island will be as good
as the outstanding one in Mobile and hope all SHA members are already
planning on going to Providence. This is only our second meeting in
New England.
                                        RL Schuyler

At 04:04 PM 2/6/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>With respect to the issue of board governance, this note is to let you know
>that based on responses received, the SHA Board did not continue any
>discussion of change.  Among those who responded negatively, the biggest
>concern centered on the issue of Editors being voting members of the
>board.  This issue appears to have engulfed and eliminated any wider
>discussion of other issues with respect to governance.  In doing nothing we
>have left many issues of governance unresolved.  But, I am sure that the
>Society=92s spirit of volunteerism will continue to carry us forward in a
>creative and productive manner.  Since, the issue came up on HISTARCH I
>thought it important to provide an update to those who were concerned.
>Regards to all =96 Doug Armstrong

Robert L. Schuyler
University of Pennsylvania Museum
33rd & Spruce Streets