Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 17:51:27 -0400
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Juozas Rimas writes:

>I've listened to all the 15 sound clips of the Rubsam's Sinfonias on
>Naxos...... I got a mixed impression: at first I was charmed with his
>pensive wavy "jazz-like" playing style.  But I continued listening and
>almost all remaining sinfonias appeared to be played...  in the same
>manner.

I have not yet acquired Rubsam's recording of the Inventions/Sinfonias, but
I did listen to a few of the cited sound clips.  I understand the concern
expressed by Juozas, but I'll reserve judgment until I have the disc and
have played it on my best audio equipment.  I noticed with the Rubsam discs
I do possess that they were much more rewarding on my best system than in
my car or cd-rom.

Don Satz