Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 15:47:45 +0100
>"My wife and I were
>very concerned that Ethan was not able to receive his mother's colostrum in
>her breastmilk....the hospital planned to freeze Renee's (the mother's)
>colostrum, but that was not a comfort because we knew that freezing
>denatures colostrum."

Sad story....what does 'denature' mean? Is this actually a technical
term, maybe  misused, or misapplied?

I did a little search on cow colostrum, and came up with these links,
both of which claim newborn babies can benefit from cow colostrum;
the first link claims there is no antibody content in human milk
after colostrum ceases to be produced.

http://www.supercolostrum.com/colostrum/Information/information2.htm

http://www.newlifefoods.com/

Heather Welford Neil