From:
Jo-Anne and Carlos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 16:04:46 -0400
Teresa wrote,

> It seems to me that because formula-feeding is so common, the related
> problems are considered to be "normal."

And one of the great motivators for keeping up with the research that I
have found, is being able to see just how many of the problems we see
around us, and have trouble solving -- emotional, intellectual, social
health problems -- might be related to artificial feeding. The research
on the risks to physical health is overwhelming, and there is good
evidence on i.q. and general development, but I'm waiting to find out
how many other societal issues will no longer be viewed as inevitable in
another generation or two of breastfeeders.
I was musing about this kind of thing at my son's high school
graduation. My, those are good kids I met... and come to think of it, I
know that many of them were breastfed. (The fact that I know that is
also great progress IMNSHO -- and I made a point of saying breastfeeding
at least three times during the reception, with no raised eyebrows at
all.)
Jo-Anne