From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 20:21:35 +0200
From Linda Tandy's post on this thread:
"Do we have enough evidence to say that female engineers have this
characteristic?  I think not.  We can only say that these particular women
who call in seem to need more support than other women."

I agree with Linda that generalization about the characteristic is
unwarranted.  But I would also assert that these women seem to take more
initiative to get the support they need, than other women.

BTW, here you may see the word 'teacher' listed under 'admitting diagnoses'
on hospital charts :-).
Norwegian maternity care HCPs hate teachers because they ask so many
questions, eeeeww!
Rachel Myr
Professional Woman who loves it too
Norway