From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 23:51:55 -0700
Jennifer replied regarding dolphins mating face to face.  I think it is
best described as chest to chest as the set of their eyes does not make
them look face to face at all.  Actually, dolphins mate so fast that in
a film they say you better watch closely or you'll miss it.  The male
just swims by and click it's over.  That's really no comparison to the
foreplay that loving couples enjoy.

She says being totally involved with the frontal applies only to a few
cultures.  But anatomically that is how humans were designed to mate.

As to the number of cultures with this fascination, there are a lot
judging from the artwork we have left.  Greek statues of goddesses of
fertility usually show fascination with breasts and their accomplishment
to nuture life.  I say this because you don't see "old" or mature
breasts depicted, but always the nubile upright ones in cultures making
sophisticated art.  They had great reverance for both its form and
function.

I think we humans are very unique in how we were created (my belief) to
mate and feed our young and also derive great pleasure from it.  It is
very difficult to explain even to one's mate the feeling that wells up
and practically covers one while breastfeeding the baby.  I feel
strongly it is something every woman should be entitled to experience,
it is so special.  I myself did compare it to orgasm; still it's
different.
Judy Ritchie