Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:33:05 EDT
In a message dated 06/05/2001 11:41:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Both planned to nurse for a year, both are down to
 2-3 Feedings per day at 8 or 9 months, one of the babies refuses to nurse
 more often.

 This, to me, is Breast Feeding, not nursing, and while it's far, far better
 than most of the US manages, I feel bad for mother and baby because I know
 what they're both going to miss and I know how close they came to having it.
   It may be all a particular mother wants - it may meet *her* goal for
 success - but as a cultural model I don't consider it successful and I want
 the culture to weed out recommendations that lead to it.  I'm for raising
 the bar. >>
Good point, and a good time for me to congratulate you Diane, as well as Debi
PF and Rachel M, on your mention in the IBCLE newsletter  in regards to the
2000 exam( better late than   I guess.)
If this has already been said, apologies, but I for one am lucky to "know"
the many people on Lactnet, some of whom are certainly some of the finest LCs
on the planet. This level of professionalism and care has certainly raised
the bar in the profession...:)
Judy Fram, Brooklyn, NY