HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Bernard L. Fontana" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 14:37:24 -0700
Mary:  In the Southwest, chiefly in New Mexico and Arizona,
Euopean-introduced (i.e., Spanish) bread ovens are called "hornos."
They still exist in most Pueblo Indian communities and until the last
twenty years or so, a few could be found in O'odham communities in the
Sonoran Desert.
    B. Fontana