From:
Scott Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 22:46:57 EDT
[log in to unmask] asks:

>Pardon my ignorance, but is this the same Billy Joel who did such
>features as "Uptown Girl" and "When Pidgeons Cry" (or some sort of similar
>title) on videos that my daughter used to watch maybe two decades ago?

yes and no. Billy Joel did write, play and sing "Uptown Girl," as well
as star in the video with his then-wife Christie Brinkley, not to mention
selling, according to the RIAA, more than 76 million albums in his career.
Hailing from Long Island, Joel has been recording poppy rock songs (or
rockish pop, perhaps) since the early seventies.

However, Prince (also known as the Artist Formerly Known as Prince, The
Artist, and now once again called Prince) is the writer, singer, producer,
etc of "When Doves Cry." An extremely easily parodied person, Prince is
nonetheless one of the giants of pop music of the last two decades.

Scott Peterson