Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dave Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 07:01:28 -0500
I have done this many times .. if you want to just have a single queen you
can use a
piece of newspaper and simply set one hive on top of the other .. by the
time they chew up
the newspaper, they have become accustom to each other.

If you want to try a 2 queen system, leave a full honey super between the
two colonies and
provide a rear entrance for the top hive .. I start out with an excluder
between the colonies as an extra piece of insurance, but I'm sure others
will say
its not needed.  When two queens dual, one outcome is that both are injured
which is not
where you want to be this time of year.

Dave