From:
Catherine Pridie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 15:47:49 -0400
We solved the problem over the "free" crib cards from the formula companies
easily.  I just made one up with our hospital "Family Birthing Center"
logo, took it to a local print shop and they printed them up for very
little money.  My director agreed that it is a good public relations ploy
for very little $$.  We even make up an extra one or two with footprints
for the family members.  They are great for the scrapbook.  This was done
with very little commotion.  I can send one to anyone who wants a sample.

Speaking of educated parents....I recently spoke with a dad.  He and his
wife are high school teachers.  They are exclusively breastfeeding their
baby girl, and decided last week to introduce a bottle of EBM in
preparation to her going back to teaching.  He is a math teacher.  He told
me that as she was preparing the bottle, he had his "comprehensive baby
book" out on how to give a baby a bottle.  He read and reread it,
visualizing how to "Hold the bottle at a 45 degree angle," etc. etc.  The
baby started crying while he was trying to "get the angle correct" so his
wife just grabbed the bottle and gave it to the baby, and she drank her
momma's milk down just fine.  We had a good laugh over that.

This is the teacher/daddy who had me come talk "Breastfeeding and
Statistics" to his senior math class.  It was alot of fun, and the positive
feedback was great.  Several comments on how this made a difference in how
they will feed their babies in the future, and one comment, obviously from
an 18 year old male...
             "It is always good to learn about breasts."

Smiling in Arizona,

Catherine