From:
Denise Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 15:43:39 +1000
I wonder why the original Subject for this topic was "off topic".

There is so much research available today that indicates the protective
effect of breastfeeding on pre-menopausal  breast cancer, and even just
recently a paper published on the protective effect on post-menopausal
breast cancer as well.  Breastfeeding has protective benefits against
breast cancer.

Yes, it will be wonderful if all those stamps are sold, and even more
wonderful if they find a cure with that research money.  But in the
meantime buy your book/books of stamps and send the Breast Cancer
Prevention organisers a letter (appropriately stamped) telling them how you
have supported them and how breastfeeding has a protective effect so will
they please include in their next campaign (which you have just helped to
fund) the slogan "Breastfeed your babies - it will reduce your chances of
breast cancer".  (I would prefer - Formula feeding will increase your risk
of breast cancer - but I'll settle for small miracles)

Let's not be backward and silent about the effects of formula feeding.  Do
the same with Diabetes and Leukemia, etc, etc.

Denise

Denise Fisher BN, RN, RM, IBCLC
BreastEd Online Lactation Studies
mailto:[log in to unmask]