From:
Denise Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 12:14:15 +1000
Linda was asking about a good video showing latch.  The one produced by
NMAA is excellent.  It starts with an LC teaching mothers in a prenatal
class using dolls, then goes on to assisting new mothers latch their babies
(themselves, of course).  I use it for mothers and health professionals alike.
It's available from
NMAA  http://www.nmaa.asn.au/mothersdirect/groupprojs/index.html
Email Ros - link on the page.  Even the photo on the front cover is an
education in latching.
With the Aus dollar continuing to hover around the non-existent range
you'll find it very inexpensive too.

Just BTW I don't receive anything but the personal satisfaction of
supporting my national volunteer breastfeeding association from promoting
this video.  Oh, and while you're at that page mentioned, the video on Hand
Expressing and Cup Feeding is also well worth your purchasing -
particularly for those who aren't competent at either, or need to teach
mothers and health professionals how to achieve these skills.

Denise

Denise Fisher BN, RN, RM, IBCLC
BreastEd Online Lactation Studies
+++  Exam prep? Enroll today! +++