From:
Robin Mitchell-Boyask <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 04:22:34 -0700
To Janos' report I might add that most of the orchestra's concerts HAVE
ALREADY been available once a week over wrti.org, and have now shifted to
whyy.org, which will be broadcasting at 8 p.m.  on Sundays (EST).  Andante
also indicates it will be charging subscription fees for this service.

The downloadable concerts plans are something I've been pushing for a
couple of years.  The goal is to have that up an running for Sawallisch's
last season as music director.  A decent bank of new Sawallisch recordings
might help dispell some of the misperceptions about this wonderful
musician.

Robin Mitchell-Boyask
Temple University
Philadelphia PA 19122