From:
Mark Ehlert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:44:38 -0500
Cindy Gareinger asked:

>Does anyone know if the soprano Emma Kirkby ever sang and recorded this
>work? I'd be interested in hearing her rendition.

I could find no recording of this work with her vocal talents.  I normally
link Christopher Hogwood with Kirkby -- and the only Mozart works they've
done together are the "Exsultate jubilate" motet, the Requiem and
"Coronation" Masses, the "Vesperae solennes de confessore," and a set of
arias.  Hogwood's recording of the "Great" C minor Mass had Arleen Auger
and Lynne Dawson as the solo sopranos.

And now that you mention it, I'd be interested too in how she'd tackle this
work.  And more so, which soprano would fit with her voice in the "Domine
Deus" duet.

Mark K. Ehlert