From:
Aryeh Oron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:25:00 +0200
Reading your review of Rubsam recordings of Bach Organ Works on Naxos,
I have noticed that you have not mentioned his previous recordings for
Philips (16-CD set).  I am listening to this set right now.  This is
organ playing of the highest order.  These recordings have all the
characteristics you have mentinoend in your review - trasparancy, clarity
and variety, and what you call momentum.  His playing is very natural
without the gimmickry or pomposity reflected from the playing of some other
organists.  Above all I hear in his playing a lot of enjoyment, as if he
is happy of discovering these wonderful works.  I do not have his later
recordings for Naxos at my disposal, but judging from your review, I have
the impression that the Philips recordings are played faster.  It would be
interesting to compare between the two.

Enjoy,

Aryeh Oron
Bach and Jazz Music Fan