From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 18:43:41 -0400
Christopher Webber wrote:

>I'm surprised there hasn't been a mention so far of a warmly played,
>beautifully paced and lucidly recorded reading of this most elusive
>Symphony which used to be widely available on Philips LP in Europe, with
>Haitinck and the Concertgebouw.  This was a safely recommended recording
>in the 1970's and early 80's.
>
>Does this mean it never made it onto CD? If so, I'm astounded!

I adore my Haitink boxes of all the Bruckners, Mahlers and Brahmses!  I
agree that these are beautifully played by an exceptionally fine orchestra.
They were in cd boxes when I bought them a few years ago, replacing our
long-plays.  I don't know if they are still available but I hope they are.
And I, too, am surprised that this great orchestra gets so little praise
around here.

Mimi Ezust