From:
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 19:35:19 -0000
>[But, why?  -Dave]

Assuming Dave's question is directed to my remark that classical music is
not dying, why should it be? It certainly isn't dying in Ottawa.  To the
contrary, live music audiences are bigger than ever before.

Anyone who thinks classical music is dying should come to the Ottawa
Chamber Music Festival from 21 July to 4 August.  As for the recording
industry, I don't think it's in such bad shape either.  It's just that
the Goliaths of the industry have become too fat and lazy and seem not
to notice the legion of Davids coming upon them.

Richard, who invites you to visit his classical music site at
http://opuspocus.ca