From:
John Dalmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:55:05 -0500
Walter Meyer wrote:

>>Does anybody else reading this remember the movie and, possibly the music
>>to which the songs subject to litigation bore similarity?

Scott Lasky replied:

>I don't remember that movie, but I actually do remember the song "Kitty
>from Kansas City".  Rudy Vallee had a recording of it  . . .

It's available on several of the collections on CD of Rudy Vallee songs,
where it is known as "Kitty from Kansas City." The actual name of the song
is "Kansas City Kitty," written in 1929 by Walter Donaldson ("Yes, Sir,
That's My Baby," "My Mammy").

Of more interest to me, after wallowing in Ken Burns' bloated "Jazz" for a
couple of weeks, is Kansas City Kitty, the blues singer from the 1920s.

John Dalmas