Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 00:24:08 +0200
From:
Joyce Maier <[log in to unmask]>
"Christopher Rosevear" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Joyce Maier and others have commented extensively on Beethoven's health
>problems.  Has anybody hypothesized how modern medical practice could have
>extended B's hearing and general health and where he might have gone had he
>lived longer and better?

Of course, but...  is it very interesting? I don't think so.  Heaven knows
(but carefully keeps its/his/hers mouth shut) what would have happened
if Beethoven had lived in our days and had had a better health and the
advantages of modern medical practice.  This is simply too theoretical to
be really interesting.  That is, of course, nothing more than my opinion.
By the way, I have not "extensively" commented on Beethoven's health
problems.  I just have touched the surface.  It's not difficult to fill a
whole bookcase with books, articles and other publications on this issue.

>For example, what was he working on that remained unfinished when he died?

Symphony #10? Have you ever listened to Barry Cooper's attempt to finish
the first movement? I did.  Sigh...

Joyce Maier (mail to: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask])
www.ademu.com/Beethoven