Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:03:56 -0400
From:
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Jeffrey James wrote:

>...aside from the obvious ones, does anyone know of any other Triple
>Concertos (Concerti??) for string trio and orchestra? Reply either on the
>list or in private.  Many thanks for your help.

Which, pray tell, would be the obvious ones? Didn't know there were any for
_string_ trio and orchestra.

There's one such work, maybe, by Tippett? Certainly at least one (of two?)
by Martinu, on Supraphon, under Menuhin.

I hope MCML members' replies will refresh my memory about other even less
"obvious" ones.  More likely:  inform me.  Please.

Hearing about recommendable versions, if any, would also be appreciated.

Bert B