Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:52:42 +0200
From:
Peter Wisse <[log in to unmask]>
Susan Juhl asked for opinions on his work I chaecked my CD, and the title
of Finzi's piece for piano and orchestra is not Fantasm, as I wrote earlier
but Eglogue.  In the issue of the Grammophone I bought yesterday, one
can find an extensive review of all the extant versions of the clarinet
concerto, Thea King (hyperion) and Robert (not Richard, never trust your
memory!!) Plane on Naxos got very favourable reviews.

Mentioning Robert Plane, I bought the BBC music Journal the other day,
and with it came a cd with Nielsens 4th symfonie, and the clarinetconcerto,
in a splendid performance by Plane, certainly equal to the benchmark
performance by Stanley Drucker, even a bit more fluently.

Peter Wisse The Hague